Join OUr Team!
We currently have openings for a variety of positions at Independent Tree. Located in Newbury, Ohio, we serve clients across northeast Ohio and the eastern Cleveland area.
We offer a competitive compensation package for full-time employees including medical plans with employer contribution, 401K, and paid vacation/sick/holidays.
Click on the job title(s) below to learn more about our open positions.
To apply for a job with Independent Tree, please complete the Employment Application form below.
Independent Tree PHC (Plant Health Care) Technicians work with the latest technology and information in treating our customers’ plant health care problems. As a PHC Technician, you will evaluate, monitor and treat for insect and disease conditions as well as soil conditions. You will work closely with Arborists, providing critical feedback and recommending the appropriate treatments to plant health care problems. We work hard at making sure our PHC Technicians are the best in the business, from getting the right people, to continually providing them with the resources, tools, and education they need to remain leaders in the industry.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and cultural/environmental conditions.
- Evaluate and recommend treatment options.
- Ensure proper filling/mixing procedures and material dilution are followed.
- Understand and operate state-of-the-art equipment.
- Learn/understand insect & disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology.
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Maintain a safe and controlled work environment.
- Adhere to company safety, state and local regulations.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment.
- Maintain open communication with Arborists and clients to provide feedback on plant health care issues.
- Interact with clients & the public in a professional manner
- Training Provided
- Two/four-year degree in arboriculture, Forestry/Urban Forestry horticulture (or related field) a plus
- Certified applicators license a plus where applicable
- Enthusiastic about what you do and the ability to work seasonally in a variety of weather conditions.
- Knowledge of local trees & shrubs and knowledge of growth rates, insects & diseases.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
Independent Tree provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or genetics.