Join OUr Team!
We currently have openings for a variety of positions at Independent Tree. Located in Newbury, Ohio, we serve clients across northeast Ohio and the eastern Cleveland area.
We offer a competitive compensation package for full-time employees including medical plans with employer contribution, 401K, and paid vacation/sick/holidays.
Click on the job title(s) below to learn more about our open positions.
To apply for a job with Independent Tree, please complete the Employment Application form below.
Independent Tree PHC (Plant Health Care) Technicians work with the latest technology and information in treating our customers’ plant health care problems. As a PHC Technician, you will evaluate, monitor and treat for insect and disease conditions as well as soil conditions. You will work closely with Arborists, providing critical feedback and recommending the appropriate treatments to plant health care problems. We work hard at making sure our PHC Technicians are the best in the business, from getting the right people, to continually providing them with the resources, tools, and education they need to remain leaders in the industry.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and cultural/environmental conditions.
- Evaluate and recommend treatment options.
- Ensure proper filling/mixing procedures and material dilution are followed.
- Understand and operate state-of-the-art equipment.
- Learn/understand insect & disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology.
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Maintain a safe and controlled work environment.
- Adhere to company safety, state and local regulations.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment.
- Maintain open communication with Arborists and clients to provide feedback on plant health care issues.
- Interact with clients & the public in a professional manner
- Training Provided
- Two/four-year degree in arboriculture, Forestry/Urban Forestry horticulture (or related field) a plus
- Certified applicators license a plus where applicable
- Enthusiastic about what you do and the ability to work seasonally in a variety of weather conditions.
- Knowledge of local trees & shrubs and knowledge of growth rates, insects & diseases.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
Come join an innovative and growing firm with opportunity for training and advancement.
Our team members enjoy an excellent working environment and are truly valued and appreciated; we work hard to find great people and keep motivated, hardworking individuals.
If you like the outdoors, love nature & challenging yourself, you may be an ideal candidate. No experience needed to apply—just a positive attitude, propensity for learning, and willingness to work hard.
- Perform all required ground, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments
- Learn to climb trees!
- Learn what it means to be a team member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Learn to perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully Including but not limited to:
- Tree identification
- Tree pruning to industry standards
- Installing cabling & bracing systems
- Tree planting & care
- Tree Removal
- Properly maintain and operate all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts, and more
- Climb to new heights!
- Willingness & drive to learn
- Work well & safely with others in a team environment
- Strive for exceptional customer service
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directions and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work outside in all kinds of weather
- Ability to lift or carry 50 pounds or more
- Valid Driver’s License
Not Required, but a plus:
- Background or education in Forestry, Horticulture, Landscaping, or working at heights
- Class A or B CDL
- Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates
Are you an experienced Arborist, love trees, enjoy working with people, and desire limitless potential?
Independent Tree is looking for an individual who is passionate about the environment and the field of arboriculture to join our growing team. The role of a sales arborist requires meeting potential and existing clients at their properties to assess and define their tree service needs and develop relationships. The applicant must be proficient at identifying different plants and shrubs, indicators of insect or disease-related issues, and other health and structure related issues that affect plants. In addition, a strong applicant will be capable of prescribing the appropriate course of action as well as accurately estimating the associated time and cost of treatments/services.
Above all, the applicant must have outstanding communication and customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have a passion for quality work in accordance with ANSI Standards, excellent organizational abilities, and strong attention to detail. This person must work well under pressure and be able to manage several priorities in a day; must be adaptable, creative, and self-motivated
Our mission is “To provide quality tree care through service, education & science”; these are the three pillars of our business.
- Sells Arborist services to residential/commercial customers.
- Key priority is proposing and developing sales to existing clients and cultivation of new customers in the territory.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced with tree care, hazard tree evaluation, integrated pest management, and industry-approved tree care practices/ANSI Standards.
- Estimate time/cost for crews to perform tree removal, pruning, cabling, and all other tree care services.
- Direct crews to complete proposed projects.
- Maintain and grow knowledge of tree and shrub species common in Ohio.
- ISA Certified Arborist
- Arborist with preferably 3-5 years of experience in the arboriculture field
- Tree, plant, and horticultural knowledge relevant to NE Ohio Region
- Excellent sales and communication skills
- Good people skills; self-motivated; computer proficient and organized
- Two or Four-year degree in a green industry a plus but not required
- CDL-B or higher also highly valuable but not required
Independent Tree provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or genetics.