Do you need tree work? Are you unsure who can be trusted to care for not only your trees, but for your home and family? Unfortunately, there are many people who pose as tree care specialists, but lack the credentials and knowledge to complete jobs safely. Here are just a few things to keep in mind when looking for tree care professionals:
- Look for professional credentials. While pretty much anyone can have a card printed with “tree service” and a logo, the better question is in regards to their level of credentials. Professional arborists carry a certification through the International Society of Arboriculture that helps them to understand the varieties, growth patterns and needs of trees. This knowledge is what will help them to give you the best advice and service.
- Make sure they’re up to date on their knowledge. Ask if they are TCIA members and if they follow the ANSI standards. A professional arborist will be aware of the current standards in safety and tree care work.
- What about insurance? Tree work can be dangerous to not only the company and its workers, but to you and your family. Don’t be shy about asking to see proof of current insurance for liability and workers’ compensation. If you hire a company that doesn’t have insurance you are taking a chance that if there is an issue on your property, you may be liable.
- Ask for a written contract. Any professional contractor will be prepared to offer you a written estimate that will help you to clearly see the costs, the dates when the work might be tentatively scheduled and a list of tasks that will be performed.
- Ask for references. Each company that you ask for an estimate should be able to provide you with references. Take the time to call them for an opinion, don’t feel hurried by a bargain & don’t pay in advance.
For more information and professional tree service, call Independent Tree today at 440-564-1374 to schedule an on-site estimate with our certified arborists. Call now!